Eyelash Extensions Aftercare – What you should and should not do
This post is particularly important for people who are new to eyelash extensions! Our customers often ask us about the SHOULD and SHOULD NOTs after their sessions to ensure that their eyelash extensions stay clean and last as long as possible. Below are a few tips on how to take good care of your eye area post-appointment!
- Try your best to keep them dry for the first 24 – 48 hours after your appointment. Avoid swimming/ sauna/ hot showers during this period.
- Avoid using oil-based makeup removers around your eye area; micellar cleansing water is your best friend!
- Use cleansing foam and a brush to cleanse the eyelashes and allow them to last longer – you can purchase a set at our DR.LASH outlets for only $28/-
- Comb your eyelash extensions regularly with a spoolie
- Rub your eye area harshly
- Sleep on your face
- Use oil-based products around your eye area
- Mascaras are strongly not recommended; a mascara/eyeliner effect can be achieved solely with eyelash extensions (check out our DOLL, DIVA and AVANT GARDE series)
- Do not attempt to remove/pull out the extensions on your own; always visit the salon for a proper removal session where the extensions can be removed safely without harming your natural lashes
Our patient and meticulous therapists will always remind our customers again on these important tips during and after the sessions so feel free to ask them anything if you have questions. Hope to see you soon! 🙂